High-Performance Off-Road Remote-Controlled Buggy Kit
Team Associated hits the scene with their updated RC8B4: The RC8B4.1 1/8 4WD Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit. Taking from the information they learned with the RC8B4 RWB, this 4.1 chassis fully incorporates the RWB with even more updates. The chassis design, shock towers, shocks, swaybar geometry, and more have been revised to give you a performance driven buggy ready to head to the finish line.
About the RC8B4.1
The chassis has taken great revision to give you the platform needed to be successful in RC racing. The tapered chassis design features updated side guards to help increase stiffness and predictability. Taken from the RC8B4, the rear chassis brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox and allows for various flex options. The chassis also uses the interlocking A and B suspension mount design found on the prior 1/8 Buggy Kit.
To really improve upon the RC8 platform, the suspension has been overhauled with updated front and rear shock towers. These shock towers feature a lower center of gravity and are made from lightweight aluminum. Updated 3-hole rear suspension arms allow for softer shocks and shock springs while still supporting the buggy through fast turns. The updated suspension arms are combined with the updated rear swaybar setup to improve handling over both smooth and bumpy tracks.
The wide base rear hubs come in three fixed axle heights with 3mm carbon fiber hub towers to allow several suspension geometry options. Team Associated moved to 92mm universal joints, 44/13 bevel gears, and a 47T spur gear for the most grip and smoothest power delivery on un-groomed outdoor tracks. Beefy fluid-filled differentials are used front, center, and rear to accurately distribute power to each corner of the chassis. Every point of this chassis has been looked over to ensure that everyone from Entry Level Users to Seasoned RC Pros can get out and be successful racing nitro buggies.
- RWB chassis and side guards with tapered chassis design
- Low CG and lightweight aluminum front and rear shock towers
- Shorter 16mm front/rear shocks to further lower the CG
- Updates shock pistons front and rear to refine shock movement
- Updated rear swaybar geometry to improve drivability over smooth or bumpy tracks
- Updated mounts, braces, and suspension arms for increased durability
- +1 aluminum steering block arms for sharper steering on low grip tracks
- 92mm universal driveshafts with 17mm outdrives
- 6-hole 1.4mm front and 1.5mm taper rear machined shock pistons included
- 44/13 Ring and Pinion Bevel Gear Set
- (1) Team Associated RC8B4.1 Buggy Kit
Needed to Complete
- .21 class rear exhaust engine
- Exhaust system: muffler and header joining pack, or muffler spring
- 2 or 3 channel radio/transmitter set with switch - FM/PCM/2.4GHz recommended
- 4.8-7.4v receiver battery
- Flat style NiMH, OR Flat style LiPo receiver battery
- Model car fuel (20-30% nitro recommended)
- Fuel bottle
- Glow igniter
- Starter box
- 1:8 scale buggy tires & wheels
- CA (cyanoacrylate) glue
- Polycarbonate-specific spray paint or polycarbonate-specific bottled paint and airbrush
- Thread-locking compound
- Steering servo
- Throttle servo
- Silicone Shock & Diff Fluid
*NOTE: RC Kits are an unassembled Remote Control Model that require assembly, racer selected electronics, and other racer provided items. Photos of assembled kit are for illustrative purposes only. For a complete list of needed items to drive this kit please see the list above.
Team Associated RC8B4.1 Team 1/8 4WD Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit
- Marque: Team Associated
- Modèle: ASC80949
- Disponibilité: En stock